Our favorite free programs are now available online! Join our educators and PLAYologists as we explore nature, learn about STEM, and more.
Explore your world with this free outdoor program! We’re providing themed activities throughout the summer that get the whole family involved in scientific exploration and observation.
Virtual STEM Family Free Night
STEM Family Free Night is going virtual! We’ll post new videos on the last Wednesday of the month to explain the STEM challenge. Join us on Facebook and Instagram the last Friday of the month at 6pm for a LIVE demonstration.
When you’re looking for fun activities at home, check out the playlists on our YouTube channel. New videos are added all the time, so check back often!
At Home Activities
If you’re looking to play at home, we’ve got you covered! All of these activities can be completed with a few basic household items (and lots of imagination!).
Check out the great deals and fun activities available for purchase in our online shop!
There’s no better way to keep your child engaged and having fun at home than a Play Pack from The Iowa Children’s Museum! These kits provide everything you need to make hands-on learning fun.
Check out these hand-picked toy bundles from our Think Tank Toy Shop! Each bundle provides a variety of opportunities for hands-on play — from indoor fine motor exploration to outdoor fun.
Build a skate park like you would in Notion of Motion. Say hi to Peter, the turtle that lives in our front lobby. Color your own version of the mural outside our doors. Or just take a virtual walk through our exhibits and complete interactive activities! If you miss our magical space, these activities are for you!
Below you can find activities, community resources, and ways to PLAY that are all related to a specific topic. These change often, so check back soon for something new.
The Great Outdoors
Looking for ways to play in nature? Here’s just a few ways you can imagine, create, discover and explore while playing outside:
- 2D Pete Nature BINGO: Print your own version of 2D Pete, then take him into nature and explore. Click here.
- Nature Play: Explore your world with this FREE outdoor program from The ICM. Click here.
- Water Transfer Activity: Enjoy outdoor water play with this easy activity for little ones. Click here.
- Kent Park Storybook Trail: Enjoy a new book each week along this half-mile trail. Click here.
- Cherry Hill Storybook Trail: Another great option to read a book while enjoying nature. Click here.
- Diverse Book Finder: A list of nature-themed books with BIPOC protagonists. Click here.
Let’s Be Social
Do you follow us on social media? There’s always something new to keep kids playing!
Join us on Facebook and Instagram Live on Friday mornings at 10 am CST for a Kinder Sing-Along!
View this post on Instagram