Winter Break Mini Camp
Drop-Off Program for Kindergarten through 5th Graders
Drop off your child at The ICM this winter break for exclusive play opportunities when the museum is closed to the public!
Museum educators will provide supervised play opportunities and enrichment experiences that allow kids to imagine, create, discover and explore our museum space. Participants can also check out special activities like art making stations and basic coding challenges with Bee-Bots. This three-hour play session will allow kids to “choose their own adventure” with a variety of fun ways to play.
Registration is now open! Pre-registration is required for all participants. Click the links below to sign up your child for Winter Break Mini Camp!
Schedule: Each session is 3 hours long and meets on Mondays when The ICM is closed to the public. Extended care (before 1 p.m. or after 4 p.m.) is not available for this Mini Camp.
Cost: $50 per child (10% discount for members!)
Who This Program is For: Children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade.
Other Program Details
- Class size is a maximum of 24 students.
- Our learning environment will include exhibits at The Iowa Children’s Museum as well as our classroom space.
- Caregivers are asked to bring reusable water bottle for their child each day. Snacks will not be provided.
Health and Safety Protocols
The health of our guests, staff, and program participants in always our top priority. Please view our Health Protocols document for the full details about how we’re protecting the health of everyone in our space.
- Participants and staff will be required to wear a facial covering during all program activities.
- Class size is a maximum of 24 students who will be playing throughout the museum (1 adult to every 8 children ratio).
- Health screenings (with a temperature check) will be required for all participants and staff.
- Social distancing will be a priority when possible
- Sharing of materials during activities will be limited