- This event has passed.
Jack SPLAT! (offsite)
November 4 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Don’t toss your Jack-O-Lanterns in the garbage—let us toss them from up high instead! This free outdoor event gives your carved creations one last hurrah for the Halloween season, sponsored by Urban Acres Real Estate’s agents (Sean McIntyre, Whitney and Ben Russell, Tundi Brady, Cathy Pugh, and Nicki Thompson).
We will be throwing the pumpkins off the northwest corner of the parking ramp next to Chauncey Swan Park. Drop off your ghoulish gourd and set up your blanket or lawn chairs nearby to get the best view. Come for the SPLATS, but stay for outdoor activities, jokes from Pete the Turtle, and some tasty treats.
Come watch the high-flying fun and enjoy a fall morning in the park!
Special thanks to our other event sponsors, Little Village & PIP Marketing. Thank you as well to the City of Iowa City for helping us compost all the pumpkin pieces when the fun is over!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Pumpkin drop-off will start at 9:15 a.m. in Chauncey Swan Park on Saturday, November 4th
- Activities will begin around 9:30
- Pumpkin SPLATS will start at 10 am. All pumpkins will be dropped by our team.
PREP YOUR PUMPKIN:
- Pumpkins must be gutted (this is Jack SPLAT, not Jack THUD).
- Please remove candles, artificial lighting, or any other decorations that are in or attached to the pumpkin. This includes stickers, ribbons, and remnants of candle wax inside.
- We compost Jack Splat pumpkins. Ones that have been painted or coated with a preserving sealant should not be added to a compost pile. Pumpkins coated with glitter should not be composted.
Please inquire if you have any questions. We reserve the right to reject your pumpkin if it doesn’t meet our Jack Splat standards.
WHERE TO GO:
In addition to street parking, spots will be available in the Chauncey Swan ramp, located at 415 E. Washington Street.
Pumpkins will be dropped from the top of the parking garage in the northwest corner of the ramp.
The drop-off table will be in the southwest corner of the ramp by the elevators on the ground level. Our team will be wearing orange vests and can direct you where to go if needed!