- This event has passed.
Jack SPLAT! (offsite)
November 5, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Don’t toss your Jack-O-Lanterns in the garbage—let us toss them from up high instead! Presented by the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, this free outdoor event gives your carved creations one last hurrah for the Halloween season.
We will be throwing the pumpkins off the northwest corner of the parking ramp next to Chauncey Swan Park. Drop off your ghoulish gourd and set up your blanket or lawn chairs nearby to get the best view. Come for the SPLATS, but stay for outdoor activities, jokes from Pete the Turtle, and treats from New Pioneer Co-op and the FilmScene. Our friends from the Iowa City Public Library will also be there with fun activities and their bookmobile.
Come watch the high-flying fun and enjoy a fall morning in the park!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Pumpkin drop-off will start at 9:15 a.m. in Chauncey Swan Park on Saturday, November 5th
- Activities will begin around 9:30
- Pumpkin SPLATS will start at 10 am. All pumpkins will be dropped by our team.
- We will feature the first name of each pumpkin’s owner, so keep an eye out for YOUR sky-diving squash as you watch all the SPLATS!
PREP YOUR PUMPKIN:
- Pumpkins must be gutted (this is Jack SPLAT, not Jack THUD).
- Please remove candles, artificial lighting, or any other decorations that are in or attached to the pumpkin. This includes stickers, ribbons, and remnants of candle wax inside.
- We compost Jack Splat pumpkins. Ones that have been painted or coated with a preserving sealant should not be added to a compost pile. Pumpkins coated with glitter should not be composted.
Please inquire if you have any questions. We reserve the right to reject your pumpkin if it doesn’t meet our Jack Splat standards.
WHERE TO GO:
In addition to street parking, spots will be available in the Chauncey Swan ramp, located at 415 E. Washington Street.
Pumpkins will be dropped from the top of the parking garage in the northwest corner of the ramp.
The drop-off table will be in the southwest corner of the ramp by the elevators on the ground level. Our team will be wearing orange vests and can direct you where to go if needed!