Board & Committee Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for a board or committee at The Iowa Children’s Museum! Your gift of time and expertise helps make our mission possible.
When completing this form, please indicate which board or committee you are interested in:
- Board of Directors: This position is a 3-year term, providing governance oversight for the organization. Board members are expected to attend regular board meetings, actively participate in The ICM’s fundraising efforts, and act as an advocate for the museum’s mission.
- ICM Guild: Members of the Guild are fundraisers and “friend-raisers” for the mission of The ICM! Members of this group are expected to attend monthly meetings, help plan fundraising events, and leverage their community connections to help bring play to all children in our community.
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee: Members of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee offer feedback and ideas that ensure everyone is welcome in our space and represented in our programming. Because play is for everyone!
- Marketing & Outreach Committee: Help us spread the word! Committee members provide high-level feedback and ideas that enable more members of the community to learn about programs, events, and the mission of The ICM.
- Operations & Risk Management Committee: Members of the Operations/Risk Management team advise staff as they work to safely and effectively manage the museum space at Coral Ridge Mall. Volunteers with legal/insurance/facility management backgrounds are prime candidates for this important role!
As a mission-focused organization, we are better when we leverage the collective strength and depth of our community. As such, we strive to have board and committee members with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you are someone with a passion for this work and our community, please apply!
We accept interest forms on a rolling basis and contact interested individuals when spots become available.