The following list represents various ways that you or your company or organization can provide support to our mission through sponsorships. The Iowa Children’s Museum is dedicated to providing a win-win partnership for our amazing supporters.
Make a commitment to The Iowa Children’s Museum with an exhibit sponsorship and you will be making a commitment to the children and families of our community. Your sponsorship allows The Iowa Children’s Museum to refurbish and/or renovate existing exhibit space so our guests can continue to flourish in the safe hands-on learning environment that The Iowa Children’s museum is known for.
Exhibit sponsorships available include:
- Take Flight! the science of aviation
- ABC Forest
- All Aboard
- Block Party
- City Grocery
- CityWorks Pizzeria Pie
- CityWorks Children’s Hospital
- City Music
- City Money
- Playworks Theatre
- Art & Design Studio
- Notion of Motion
- Peter our Turtle’s Tank
- Fish Tank
- Think Tank Gift Shop
The Iowa Children’s Museum continually develops new programs to educate and entertain our guests and members. We strive to create exciting programming from which the entire family and community can benefit. Programs have included: Kinder Club, Scout Programs, Night at the Museum, Birthday Parties, Day Camps and Summer Camps! We work hard to find partners within the community who are a good match and share a common mission with The Iowa Children’s Museum.
Use The Iowa Children’s Museum venue to promote your business or organization for an entire month reaching over 13,000 visitors!
The Iowa Children’s Museum’s Sponsor of the Month program is available to enhance Museum programming and promote the sponsor’s goods, services and community goodwill. Use the month to give The Iowa Children’s Museum experience to your staff and their families. Distribute your business or organization’s brochures, product and service information or special offers in our designated Sponsor of the Month area in our lobby.
Museum staff will enhance your month with unique programming that fits the month’s theme and will tie into your business or organization’s mission. Your staff can get involved by coming to the museum to talk with visitors, facilitate a special activity, or read to children. Can’t live without your staff? Leave the marketing of your business to us!
The Iowa Children’s Museum hosts community events that assist in our fundraising efforts while offering unique entertainment venues for our members and guests. Our fundraising events would not be possible without the support of area businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- The Celebrate Play Gala – The largest and most elegant fundraiser of all is The ICM Celebrate Play Gala, held each November. Hundreds of guests come together to bid on live and silent auction items, dine in a magical atmosphere, play like they’re kids again, and enjoy the friendship of fellow community members. The museum is deeply grateful to gala attendees who care about The Iowa Children’s Museum and want to help this community asset continue to grow for future generations to enjoy!
- Move it! Dig it! Do it! – The Iowa Children’s Museum is pleased to present Move it! Dig it! Do it!, the only event of this kind in Eastern Iowa! Move it! Dig it! Do it! is a fantastically fun family experience that engages young and old alike! This FREE fun-filled, hands-on event allows families to get an up-close look at large construction equipment, big trucks, and emergency vehicles, as well as dozens of games and activities to provide a unique family experience! You can even drive the city bus! Pretend drive of course…
- The Iowa Children’s Open – Benefiting The Iowa Children’s Museum and the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital, the Iowa Children’s Open is looking forward to the 10th year of the event. This two day golf event brings in golfers from all over Iowa and beyond. Enjoy Thursday’s laid back Kick-Off Scramble with lots of fun and sponsor games on each hole or get serious and play for the title on Friday at the Open. Not a golfer? The PAR-TEE, hosted by Nate and Sam Kaeding and Kirk and Mary Ferentz, is a great way to join the fun for an evening of dinner, drinks and silent/live auction.
The Iowa Children’s Museum’s Family Free Night, held in conjunction with the Coral Ridge Mall’s Family Free Night, happens the last Friday of each month from 5-8pm. Making the museum accessible to more than 1,000 each month gives many economically disadvantaged families access to the learning opportunities provided by the museum.
Family Free Night gives area residents the chance to participate in family activities that they might not have known about or could afford. This is an exciting and busy time in the museum. Hundreds of guests find themselves in a place that magically transforms them to find the child within. The atmosphere of the museum is always a warm, inviting and safe place for children and families to play and learn together. Museum guests are very appreciative to the businesses that provide this free evening for their family to enjoy at The Iowa Children’s Museum. Marketing opportunities abound for the sponsor of Family Free Night!
Each year, The Iowa Children’s Museum receives in-kind donations of goods and services from community partners that we use to help serve families. From art materials to office supplies, as well as donated advertising space, the Museum benefits greatly from these generous donations. Below are examples of in-kind donations accepted.
- Art Materials – use your imagination!
- Office Supplies
- Donations of Media Space
- Technology Items – printers, computer equipment, software, etc.
- Tools and Equipment
We also host two auctions during the year at the Celebrate Play! Gala and the Iowa Children’s Open and are always looking for new and unique live and silent auction items. Each of these events attracts hundreds of the Corridor’s most prominent business leaders, community philanthropists, and individuals who support our mission to inspire every child to imagine, create, discover, and explore through the power of play.
An exceptionally unique way to support The Iowa Children’s Museum is by hosting a private party. Fundraising parties have been hosted by community members at their homes, in exclusive venues, and at The Iowa Children’s Museum! Simply invite your friends and family to join you in supporting the museum by asking for a free-will donation…and throw whatever kind of party you want! Previous parties have included a Derby Party, Hoe-Down, 50th Birthday Party, and a relaxed get-together held at Museum!
The Iowa Children’s Museum has long been a destination of choice by area school teachers as a field trip opportunity for their students. Unfortunately, due to large budget cuts, the ability to take children on field trips is being seriously jeopardized in Iowa schools. The goal of the Robert E. Yager Student Enrichment Scholarship Fund is to empower Iowa school districts to enrich their elementary education curriculum by participating in field trips at The Iowa Children’s Museum that reflect National Education Standards and tie directly to classroom instruction. Scholarships are granted from this fund based on the percentage of students enrolled in the Iowa Free & Reduced Lunch Program.
To donate to this program, click the Annual Fund Drive link to the left and designate the funds to the Robert E. Yager Student Enrichment Scholarship Fund.
The Iowa Children’s Museum is dedicated to providing quality informal learning opportunities to all children, regardless of their ability, economic status, cultural heritage, or family structure. The ICM for Everyone Program provides ICM memberships for families in need through the generous donations of individuals, corporations and community organizations. For every ICM membership donated, an economically disadvantaged family or children’s organization (such as MECCA Transitional Housing, DVIP or the Neighborhood Centers of Johnson County) will receive a year of unlimited access to the museum’s exhibits and programs. A donation to The ICM for Everyone Program is the perfect way to honor an employee, teach your children about giving, recognize a loved one, help educate a child, or simply show your support for The ICM!
To donate to this program, click the Annual Fund Drive link to the left and designate the funds to ICM for Everyone.
Make an annual gift to the museum each year to help support the ongoing programming, the upkeep of top-notch museum exhibits and the accessibility programs that are provided.
Donate to the Annual Fund Drive by clicking the link to the left.