The Robert E. Yager Active Learning Award
Recognizing Outstanding Educators
The Robert E. Yager Active Learning Award honors outstanding educators who foster an active learning environment in their classroom and create opportunities for students to imagine, create, discover and explore.
We believe active learning is critical to child development and education. Research overwhelmingly asserts that students learn best when they actively participate in their own learning. Many educators in our community dedicate themselves to providing students with opportunities to become engaged learners, innovative thinkers, and creative problem-solvers. We are honored to recognize four of these excellent educators each year.
Nominations are now closed. Winners will be announced soon!
- $100 gift card for classroom supplies and needs
- One classroom field trip to The Iowa Children’s Museum
- Free museum admission passes for classroom students
- Original “Active Learning” art print created by a local artist
- 30 Family Day Passes to the museum for the educator’s School District
All museum passes and field trips redeemable through the end of the 2021-2022 academic year