Job Opportunities at The ICM:
Interested in working with us? Submit your application! We’re not currently hiring, but we’ll keep your application on file and reach out when an opportunity comes up.
Click below to expand the job descriptions.
Guest Welcome Center Specialists are friendly individuals with excellent communication and people skills, customer service and cash handling experience, and knowledge of all things loca. As a Guest Welcome Center Specialist, your position is threefold: part ambassador of The Iowa Children’s Museum, part “Concierge of Coralville,” and part visitor experience expert and customer support for Coral Ridge Mall.
Part-time, but could be a full-time position with benefits for the right person!
This position is responsible for diverse aspects of managing the Guest Welcome Center at Coral Ridge Mall to support the mission and vision of The Iowa Children’s Museum. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to implementing the museum marketing plan and fulfilling GWC obligations to Coral Ridge Mall and the City of Coralville.
Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
● Implement the museum marketing plan to increase museum attendance, including:
○ Promote museum news and events
○ Promote museum collaborations and sponsors
○ Playfully interact with children and families
○ Promote and sell museum memberships
● Promote and display Think Tank store items and process inventory/sales
● Greet, welcome, and provide excellent customer service to mall visitors, including:
○ Promote and process Hills Bank VISA gift card program
○ Address mall visitors’ questions
○ Rent manual wheelchairs and Amigo electric scooters
○ Process refunds for mall amenities
○ Implement opening and closing procedures
● Promote and market the City of Coralville to mall visitors
○ Act as a “Concierge of Coralville”
○ Promote local events, including through giveaways and ticket sales
PLAYologists are the front line staff at The Iowa Children’s Museum and provide the primary staff interaction with families and museum exhibits and programs.
Part-time, hourly employee. Schedule is flexible but evening and weekend availability is required
PLAYologists are the front line staff at The Iowa Children’s Museum and provide the primary staff interaction with families and museum exhibits and programs. PLAYologists exemplify outstanding customer service by working at our admissions desk, maintaining cleanliness in exhibits, assisting with special programs, facilitating birthday parties, and modeling learning through play. All PLAYologists must be self-motivated, friendly, energetic, collaborative and creative individuals who enjoy working in a family informal learning environment.
- Exemplify outstanding customer service with museum guests and other staff.
- Engage with children and their adult caregivers actively through play in the exhibits.
- Work at the admission desk and greet every guest with a smile, take payment for general admission and gift store sales and answer questions about the museum, including special programs.
- Keep the museum a clean place to play by resetting exhibit props and performing daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Assist with museum opening and closing procedures, including sanitizing, resetting exhibits, restocking supplies and maintaining staff and guest restrooms.
- Facilitate birthday parties by guiding party guests through child-directed play in the exhibits and special facilitated activities in our birthday party rooms.
- Abide by the FISH customer service philosophy
A PLAYologist is expected to:
- Create a positive work environment and foster the spirit of team work
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Have the physical ability & desire to work in an active and fast-paced environment
- Continually build skills with guidance from Master PLAYologists
- Perform basic cash-handling skills with accuracy
- Have a family-friendly appearance and attitude
- Appreciate that The Iowa Children’s Museum provides a fun and safe place where unstructured and informal learning is nurtured through the Power of Play.
To apply, please send your completed employment application (cover letter and resume optional) to Gretchen Kemple-Taylor, Director of PLAYology, at email@example.com or drop your application off at the front desk.