Music is a natural way for all children to express themselves and a great way to explore how sound works. African drums, PVC pipe instruments that are played with flip-flops,, a see-through piano, and more makes investigating sound super fun! Sora’s Stage is filled with tutus, capes, and music makers for little ones to ham it up!
A wealth of scientific research over the last decade is proving that music education is a powerful tool for attaining children’s full intellectual, social, and creative potential.
- It speeds the development of speech and reading skills.
- It trains children to focus their attention for sustained periods.
- It helps children gain a sense of empathy for others.
So surround yourself with the sound of music and have fun playing to learn!
- Pluck the strings on the wooden string instrument and observe how sounds are caused by vibrations.
- Find two different Boomwackers to create a chord!
- Perform on Sora’s Stage to express yourself!
- Observe how the piano’s inner workings move when you strike a key to hear music. Ask your child how they think the sound is created.